Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cabin Fever

Our family is still living apart. Zach is gone three to four days a week working in the bay area. We see him a lot more than when he was in the academy, so it has been very nice, but now he takes our only car, leaving me and Olive stuck at home. We are planning on getting another vehicle with our tax refund, but in the meantime we have had to learn to love being at home. Sometimes I get so sick of being here all the time, but sometimes I'm grateful for it because it has forced me to be more creative. This has also helped become better at just playing with Olive because I can't spend my day running around. 
 
Olive has become addicted to shows, it's really all she would do if I let her. I've had to cut back to one show a day, but I split it up so she watches a little bit in the morning, a little after her nap, and a little before bed.

We love playing out in the yard. Outside of watching a show, this is probably her favorite thing to do, especially since the neighbors got two new "gagas" to watch.

Maggie has been a great pet for Olive, they really are BFF. Olive carries her around, throws her, takes her in the bathtub, and pushes her around in her stroller. You would think the dog would hate Olive, but she keeps coming back for more. Last night Maggie even chose sleeping with Olive over me.
 

Who wouldn't love a tea party with their favorite uncle after being stuck with her mom all day? Scotty is always nice to have over for a visit. He does eat me out of house and home but it's worth it to see how cute they are together. 

7 comments:

  1. That is such a cute picture of Olive on the couch. It's like she's 30 just vegging out eating popcorn. I would go crazy without a car too. Good luck with finding another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..... That sounds like me every day. I still don't drive, and we only have one car too. we are still trying to potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You let Olive take a bath with the dog? You guys are so weird. I like the popcorn picture, too because I know Olive only ate a few handfuls of it. I do the same thing. I make a big batch "for the girls" and then I end up eating most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up until now we didn't have two cars our whole marriage! That was really tough, so I know how you feel. I now feel stuck at home anyway because a small trip isn't worth it with three and Daycare keeps me bussy! Something we did yesterday for fun and even Hailey loved was.....I mixed food coloring with rubbing alchol to dye pasta (macoroni /penne)all different colors and let it dry. Then I just stepped back and watched the girls get so creative and glue them to a piece of cardstock. Then I attached ribbon and hungthen up!It was fun!Well....I just have to say Olive is adorable! She is always dressed to Stylish. I would wear her clothes! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can come and visit...I come with free entertainment!
    It is awesome that you can make the best of the situation and go with the flo.

    *Congrats Auntie! Lisa was showing us pictures on her cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little Olive. Are those painted toenails too??? I could just squeeze her. And the dog in the stroller is darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just so cute! How do you get anything done--I think I would stare at her all day! :) It's nice Scotty enjoys playing with her!

    ReplyDelete