Saturday, July 11, 2009

Swim Lessons

Olive can be a little crazy around the water, you really can't turn your back for a second...not even half a second. She thinks she can swim and is not afraid to jump in. Swim lessons are really expensive here and since I taught swim lessons for so long, I decided to try teaching her myself.
Our lesson lasted a little over an hour and consisted mostly of playing, jumping, and rides on mommy's back. She did come out learning how to do push off the bottom, jump to me and take two strokes before drowning, and kick with her face in the water. It was so much fun and I can't wait to see what she learns today!

Olive's favorite part of swim lessons was getting in the hot tub afterwards!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I imagine it would be harder to teach your own kid but more fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think Olive is a "LITTLE" crazy in the water??? She is a nut. She will be swimming before you know it. She is just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the lessons. She'll be great! No fear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering how you get anything done with her around. It seems like I would just stare at her all day long because she is just so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete