Monday, June 15, 2009

When Life Hands You Olives...


I keep getting asked about my baby and the pregnancy and every time I do, it's a little sad. So, I've decided it's time to announce that we have had a miscarriage.  We went in for a check up thinking everything was fine, and our doctor couldn't find a heart beat. I was about 14 weeks along but the doctor said the baby stopped growing around 8 or 9 weeks. I still haven't actually passed the baby and if I don't by the end of the week I will go in for a d&c sometime soon. We've had a couple weeks to deal with it so we're doing ok, and are just spending our time loving our little Olive girl. It's really hard to be sad when you've got a girl as funny as she is.


Olive pretending to be Liza Minnelli


What Olive put on when I told her we had to get ready for church.


What Olive put on when I told her we were going to Gigi's.


Olive and her Daddy playing in the fountains at Riverbend.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that Kaylee! Just remember it wasn't your fault or anything you did. I hope everything works our for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saddest but cutest post ever. I love the title cakes. I love that Olive girl. I love the picture of her and Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylee, I'm so sorry. That's all I can say - just sorry.

    Also, Olive has got a serious tan line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry Kakes, what can I say that hasnt already been said? Except that we love you and Ive been thinking of you. AND that I love that naked hippie girl you have. Stinkin CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, kaylee...I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I just think that Olive is adorable, what a cute little personality. I hope you are doing alright. Come over and play next time you are in town, Ava wants to play with Olive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kaylee, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your little Olive is too cute!!! It's a blessing that you have her to lift your spirits!! Take care....Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry! I know you are strong and this will only make you stronger! My love and prayers go out to you guys! Can we still go to the beach this summer? Let me know when you are feeling up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate that for you guys. It seems like you are looking at it positively but that is never an easy thing to go through. Just so you know, I've had a D&C and the hardest part was the emotions of it. It was over so fast and my body felt no different afterward. I hope things work out okay for you guys.

    ReplyDelete