Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bedtime


Olive and I have a pretty long bedtime routine. Every night I spend about 30 minutes putting this girl to bed. I love spending time with her at the end of each day reading, praying, singing, etc. She really likes going to bed and will usually tell me when she is ready. Nine nights out of ten she goes to bed without any problems, she is very calm and just as precious as can be. Last night we had some challenges. 


She had to do her alphabet, by herself.

She needed to dance, not to music, but to my singing.


She wanted to read scriptures to me for a change.


She required about ten minutes of peek-a-boo.

And last but not least, she had to say the everlasting prayer which included asking for blessings for every aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, foster brother, and cousin, on both sides of the family.

2 comments:

  1. I have the cutest grandkids in the world. She looks so cute with her arms folded. And I can just picture her...DEMANDING that you sing so that she can dance. Good job Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Precious! It sounds like a fun bedtime routine...I feel like a boring Mom.

    ReplyDelete